Re: Grammatical Inconsistencies

From: Timothy J. Bruce <uniblab_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2004 21:48:42 -0700

et al:

A special note is on order:
If we were to state that relation F was _equal_to_ the cartesian product of sets A and B, rather than a _subset_of_ the cartesian product of sets A and B we would have the unintelligible relation: F = {

(1, chicken),
(1, cat),
(1, dog),
(1, cow),
(2, chicken),
(2, cat),
(2, dog),
(2, cow),
(3, chicken),
(3, cat),
(3, dog),
(3, cow),
(4, chicken),
(4, cat),
(4, dog),
(4, cow)

}

Obviously the complete _permutation_ is useless, Timothy J. Bruce
uniblab_at_hotmail.com
</RANT> Received on Fri Apr 23 2004 - 23:48:42 CDT