Re: Grammatical Inconsistencies

From: Timothy J. Bruce <uniblab_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2004 21:44:40 -0700

Dawn:

> Did that make sense?

Yes and No.
A different syntax might be in order.
If we wanted to know `Of the animals I own, which do I like to eat?' we might instead ask the question:
`SELECT F.B FROM F, G WHERE F.A = G.C;'
The logical _intersection_ is performed in the WHERE clause, and the projection is performed via the SELECT.

> If not, I'll study more and try to align my
> terminology with "the majority" where feasible. Thanks. --dawn
The terminology I use contradicts niether Codd nor the great mathematicians of the Victorian and later eras, such as Church, Russel, and Whitehead.

Hopeful `that' will clear `that' up,
Timothy J. Bruce
uniblab_at_hotmail.com
</RANT> Received on Fri Apr 23 2004 - 23:44:40 CDT