Re: c.d.theory glossary - proposed preamble

From: Senny <sennomo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:17:20 GMT

Wat??? Ik begrijp niet. Ik ken niet Lakatos, von Bertalanffy, Barthes, en Canetti. I wonder if I would understand your post better in Dutch.

There are a lot of funky topics right now. However, there are grains of useful ideas in each of them, and the trick is to find those grains.

When it comes to the glossary, I was simply pointing out that the problem is a bit deeper than many realize, because most of us are used to "winging it" instead of focused effort. The sad result is that the longer we go without order, the harder it becomes to establish order. I don't think my point was overkill, either. I mean, even if we sort out database terminology, if we don't sort out the rest, the non-database people will end up ruining our good work. It's a big task, but not an impossible one. Whether we will give it a good shot or not is another question.

In any case, there's no need to set the insanity bit quite yet.

--Senny