Re: Pizza Example

From: Eric Kaun <>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:16:37 GMT

"Anthony W. Youngman" <> wrote in message
> Let's decompose the real world into its fundamental particles. Ooops ...
> we've suddenly lost cause-and-effect !

And yet most systems, including operating systems, add power and flexibility by ignoring cause and effect - or more particularly, by coupling them as loosely as possible. Perhaps the same doesn't apply to information, but perhaps it does.

> There is a limit to lossless decomposition - quantum mechanics says so.

I thought entropy said so? Besides, it still depends on what you're losing.

  • erk