Re: Date's First Great Blunder

From: Anthony W. Youngman <wol_at_thewolery.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:26:31 +0100

In message <c0e3f26e.0404210403.31cf5e8a_at_posting.google.com>, Tony <andrewst_at_onetel.net.uk> writes
>> Apparently you do think that the universe revolves around humans'
>> perception of "everyday life". We are not talking about what matters
>> to humans, but whether a model matches reality. Of all the activity
>> taking place in the unverse at any one moment, things that are
>> "accurately" modelled by Newton are ESOTERIC compared to the
>> number/scope of things that are "accurately" modelled by Quantum.
>
>Apparently you missed the point, and apparently you haven't found a
>dictionary yet to check what the word ESOTERIC actually means.
>
>What the heck any of this has to do with the relational model I have
>no idea.

It has to do with whether there is any evidence that relational is a hum-drum or esoteric model. So far I haven't seen any evidence from relational fans either way, and my experience leads me to believe it's an esoteric model.

And if it's an esoteric model, why the heck are we using it to model a hum-drum world?

Cheers,
Wol

as Lies-to-People.