Re: Relational vs. PICK/Object DBMS

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2004 19:26:34 -0700

> 1) Suppose you have a bunch of attributes that describes the entities in
> your database. Suppose any attribute is optional for any entity.

> a) For a given set of attributes
> - find all the entities that for any attribute in the given set have at
> least one value.
> - also find the values of the given attributes
>
> b) For a given entity
> - find all the attributes that have at least one value for the given entity
> - also find the values of the attributes for the given entity

XDb1 can implement the above. Similar examples are posted at www.xdb1.com/Example/Ex005.asp and www.xdb1.com/Example/Ex108.asp

If you could post a small/representative set of actual data (or use that from either of the above examples) and what exactly to query for to demo a) & b), we can compare the implementation of various models (RDM, Pick, OO, XDb1/TDM). Received on Thu Apr 22 2004 - 04:26:34 CEST

Original text of this message