Re: Grammatical Inconsistencies

From: James L. Ryan <taliesinsoft_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:42:56 GMT

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:10:23 -0500, Dawn M. Wolthuis wrote (in article <c669ug$8nl$1_at_news.netins.net>):

[in response to my commenting earlier in this thread on the "grammatical inconsistencies" in the terms used by C. J. Date to describe certain relational operations]

> What would you recommend instead?

Date uses "union, intersection, difference, product, restrict, project, join, and divide."

If we are to use nouns we could have, "union, intersection, difference, product, restriction, projection, junction, and division."

If we are to use verbs we could have, "unite, intersect, subtract, multiply, restrict, project, join, and divide."