Re: Date's First Great Blunder

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:38:08 -0300

Em Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:14:13 -0700, Neo escreveu:

>> One could perhaps define a graph model, but it hasn't been done and
>> would certainly result much less powerful and more complex than the
>> relational model.

> Although not perfected yet, such a database already exist. If one attempts
> to replicate one would begin to see that
> RDM has a scope outside of which it degrades. A simpler example was
> recently posted titled "Modelling Pizza Orders with XDb1". An attempt to
> replicate that example with RDM will lead to a similar conclusion. Would
> someone like to implement an equivalent RDM solution and compare
> implementations?

        Before implementing a DBMS -- I guess that's what you incorrectly calls a database -- you have to have a model. You don't. You don't even understand the literature, the current model and products. You can't even be precise with your nomenclature, yet you want to criticise your betters.

        I simply don't think it worthwhile of my time to take your challenge.

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra           +55 (11) 5685 2219
Av Sgto Geraldo Santana, 1100 6/71               +55 (11) 5686 9607
04.674-000  São Paulo, SP                                    BRASIL