Re: Date's First Great Blunder

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2004 22:14:13 -0700

> Now taking databases and their general data models as systems,
> SQL is inconsistent, as are the so-called OO, XML, network and
> hierarchical models, which are actually fuzzy generalizations stemming
> from implementations of programming methods, not data models.

There is so much misunderstanding in the above statement that I don't know where to begin.

Although not perfected yet, such a database already exist. If one attempts to replicate www.xdb1.com/Example/Ex076.asp one would begin to see that RDM has a scope outside of which it degrades. A simpler example was recently posted titled "Modelling Pizza Orders with XDb1". An attempt to replicate that example with RDM will lead to a similar conclusion. Would someone like to implement an equivalent RDM solution and compare implementations? Received on Wed Apr 21 2004 - 00:14:13 CDT