Re: Date's First Great Blunder

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2004 21:15:32 -0700

> > > In other words, it DOES tally with reality except in esoteric domains
> > > outside the realm of everyday life.
> >
> > Excuse me but it is a human's perception of everyday life that is
> > ESOTERIC (in the scope of the universe or do you perceive that the
> > universe revolves around you :)
>
> In everyday life, the deviations of reality from the Classical
> Mechanics model just don't matter. They only matter to cosmologists
> and particle physicist, who form a small (which is not to say
> unimportant) minority. That is what esoteric MEANS. Look it up!

Apparently you do think that the universe revolves around humans' perception of "everyday life". We are not talking about what matters to humans, but whether a model matches reality. Of all the activity taking place in the unverse at any one moment, things that are "accurately" modelled by Newton are ESOTERIC compared to the number/scope of things that are "accurately" modelled by Quantum. Received on Tue Apr 20 2004 - 23:15:32 CDT