Re: Date's First Great Blunder

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:06:33 GMT

On 20 Apr 2004 06:23:22 -0700, andrewst_at_onetel.net.uk (Tony) wrote:

>I don't think I did actually. And as a metaphor for the relational
>model it doesn't work anyway. The relational model doesn't purport to
>model REALITY, it purports to model DATA.

I agree, although I would say that it is intended to be an approach to manage data.

The Relational Model can represent "fantasy world" data as well as real world data.

For instance I have seen fantasy role playing game SQL databases :)

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Tue Apr 20 2004 - 17:06:33 CEST

Original text of this message