Re: Total Cost of Ownership

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 07:45:45 -0400

Your summary is very helpful. It places PICK in context for me. Everything you said is important, but I want to particularly key in on two things you said:

First, that those who know the business were writing the application. I believe this is the key to success. Knowing the enterprise is at the heart of the matter. I don't care which tools you are using, from files and COBOL to OO and Java.

Second, that the application has a long life span. This is evolution rather than revolution. Revolutions often throw the baby out with the bath.

What all of this suggests to me is that, if you want to find out where PICK gains its following, you should look at how it presents data, instead of looking at how it stores data. Received on Tue Apr 20 2004 - 06:45:45 CDT