Re: Oracle and PICK

From: Bill H <wphaskett_at_THISISMUNGEDatt.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 04:50:37 GMT

Wouldn't it be advisable to point out that according to IBM there 60,000+ sites with over 4 million seats worldwide using their version of that funny dbms. That all their sales of that dbms are through VARS that produced over 40% of IBM's OEM channel business in 2002 (non-tier1 ISVs) and growing.

Jeeze, take a cheap shot, why don't you. :-)

I don't believe just because GM has a larger worldwide market share than Honda, that's prima facie evidence they're cheaper cars to operate.

Bill

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:MoqdneJv5oxEfOLd4p2dnA_at_comcast.com...
> It's been claimed in this forum that there's no empirical data to compare
> TCO between Oracle and PICK.
>
> Oracle has a larger market share than PICK. That's empirical evidence.
>
> I would never claim that it's conclusive evidence. But it is evidence.
And