Re: Oracle and PICK

From: Ross Ferris <ross_at_stamina.com.au>
Date: 19 Apr 2004 15:49:14 -0700

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:<qsydncbUxPdGWR7dRVn-uQ_at_comcast.com>...
> I'd like to see what you get from the world of biology. If a sunflower can
> have Fibonnacci numbers embedded in the spirals of the seeds, anything is
> possible.

I remember when the first BIO-memory research was published ..... gave a whole new meaning to a "K" of memory (K=Kilogram for those not using metric [USA])

> Does DNA store messages in a real 3-d encoding? Or is it just a long tape,
> coiled up?

Tape

> The human brain is more compact than it would be if the network were less
> rich. Maybe networking as the brain does can teach us something about
> making use of 3-d space for storage.

Current thinking is that the brain doesn't work with "binary" style representation, but rather "shades of grey" Received on Tue Apr 20 2004 - 00:49:14 CEST

Original text of this message