Re: Multiple parent design

From: --CELKO-- <joe.celko_at_northface.edu>
Date: 19 Apr 2004 16:18:54 -0700

>> Mr. Celko <<

I am simply "Celko"; my father was "Mr. Celko" and he has been dead for many years.

>> In a general sense, your solution does appear to solve the problem.
<<

Damn, I'm good!

>> However,.. <<

.. but maybe not perfect.

>> .. this situation because it would require that each Child
instance's parentId exist in *all* tables Parent1...ParentN. <<

In full SQL-92, you can do a CREATE ASSERTION statement and enforce this. Unfortunately, this is not in a lot of products yet. Received on Mon Apr 19 2004 - 18:18:54 CDT