Re: c.d.theory glossary

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:29:40 -0400

I'm against using "The rows by any other name would smell as sweet" as the first glossary entry. I intended it to be cute when I wrote it, and I'm pleased that some people think it's cute.

But I think the glossary will serve the CDT community better if it avoids this particular manner of being cute. In particular, it DOES matter whether someone who says "record" and someone else who says "row" are really talking about the same thing, even when they don't know it.

It matters even more when two people are both using the word "row", but they have fundamental, non trivial differences about what a row really IS, and neither of them know it.

These are (among) the things that waste time in the forum. Received on Sun Apr 18 2004 - 19:29:40 CEST

Original text of this message