Re: Multiple parent design

From: T <>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:00:22 GMT

The downside to this approach is that extensibility is difficult. In other words, every time I need to add a parent entity that can have a phone I would need to add two tables and adjust any database writes to save to two tables. This is similar to the solution whereby I create a "Parents" table that contains a combined list of Company id's and Person id's.