Re: Date's First Great Blunder

From: Eric Kaun <ekaun_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:45:57 GMT

Quotes from my screensaver, relevant to this discussion:

"Progress is possible only if we train ourselves to think about programs
without thinking of them as pieces of executable code." - Edsger W. Dijkstra

and

"We have to let the symbols do the work, for that is the only known
technique that scales up." - Edsger W. Dijkstra Received on Thu Apr 15 2004 - 14:45:57 CDT