Re: SQL92 Entry Level

From: Jarl <>
Date: 15 Apr 2004 09:37:21 GMT

jim caprioli <> wrote in news:opr6hq1gqci17tql_at_News.individual.NET:

> Tired of 'googling'... everywhere I read statements about SQL
> compliance (e.g. SQL92 Entry Level) but how can I verify this? Google?
> No results. I searched 'no results found'. Is there
> somewhere a document available that exactly describes what SQL92 Entry
> Level is? ThX

ISO/ANSI doesn't publish their standards on the Internet. You'll have to buy them. Besides, the current standard is SQL-2003, so that's the version of the SQL standard ISO will offer you.

If you want, you can by your own copy directly from ISO: 34132&ICS1=35&ICS2=60&ICS3= However, there's an SQL-92 draft available on the Internet:

If you just want to verify standard compliance, check out the SQL Validator. It supports SQL-92, SQL-99, and even SQL-2003:

There's also an older version of the Mimer SQL documentation describing SQL-92 and its different levels available: 91/Mimer_SQL_Engine_DocSet/Intro_SQL_Stds3.html

Jarl Received on Thu Apr 15 2004 - 11:37:21 CEST

Original text of this message