Re: How is this collection called?

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:34:52 -0400

"Jan Hidders" <jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be> wrote in message news:T4Yec.70587$w%6.4566103_at_phobos.telenet-ops.be...
> I'm very sorry but that is complete nonsense. Euclid's work is
> interesting because it can be applied to real-world situations. There is
> a reason why we pay mathematicians to play their symbolical games, even
> though they may not always realize it themselves.

Come on, Jan, you know better than this.

Claiming that Euclid's work is interesting is not the same thing as claiming that it is factual, at all. And your question about Brown, that prompted my comparison to Euclid, was not whether it was interesting, but whether it was factual.

So, in that context, my response was completely appropriate. Received on Tue Apr 13 2004 - 22:34:52 CDT