Re: newby (very) question on XML DB theory

From: ccc31807 <ccc31807_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2004 06:26:20 -0700

Basically, we have a lot of data in documents with a highly irregular structure that we need to make available over networks. Historically, this evolved from printed text documents, to a spreadsheet, to a flat file database, to a real database. The question is: can we do this without the overhead of the RDBMS. My job was not to answer yes or no, but point the decision makers in the direction of the information.

We're fairly well versed in DB stuff but totally ignorant as to XML database possibilities.

CC