Re: Object Oriented Analysis

From: Eric Kaun <ekaun_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:32:27 GMT

I would strongly recommend Michael Jackson's "Problem Frames" as a counterpoint to the below - not that I'm criticizing OOA, merely suggested that analysis needn't involve objects per se. Jackson's approach uses domains and predicates, and is a very good read, just rigorous enough but not enough formality to scare off those unacquainted with formal methods.

I'll also recommend his other book (much smaller and lighter reading): "Software Requirements and Specifications: A Lexicon of Practice, Principles, and Prejudices."

  • Eric