Re: Date of Birth as an attribute

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:25:44 -0400

Just a terminology question, I can point it out without making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I've always seen the "ER" model listed as the "conceptual model" rather than the "logical model".

In this framework, you first turn the ER conceptual model into a relational logical model, and then turn the logical model into a physical model.

It's an extra step, but I think it buys you something.

Again, I don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill. The rows by any other name would smell as sweet. Received on Wed Apr 07 2004 - 09:25:44 CDT