Re: Pizza Example

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:55:52 -0400

> More to the point, it's structured in a manner the database can
> understand, which isn't the case if the information is scattered across
> multiple tables :-)

This gets to the heart of the matter. If I can expand on this, I have two questions:

First, does the relational data model scatter information across multiple relations?

Second, if so, does the database fail to understand what the relational model has done?

And here's a third question: can a relational model be reconstructed from the database schema? If not, why not? Received on Tue Apr 06 2004 - 08:55:52 CDT