Re: Semantic Heterogeneity and Ontology

From: Tom Hester <$$>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:28:48 -0700

The ontology management work that I am familiar with is going on outside the database field, in the semantic web domain. However, researchers in that field admit that the problem is a database problem. To get a link into this work do a google search on OWL, DAML and DAML+OIL, as well as semantic web, ontology, etc. Much of this work is based on Cyc and its ontology management. So, look for Cyc too.