Re: newby (very) question on XML DB theory

From: ccc31807 <ccc31807_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2004 10:20:25 -0800

Thanks much for these responses. The nature of the project has changed, but my assignment hasn't, and I've found several articles in SIGMOD that were very helpful.

Some very smart people have told me that there can be no such thing as a native XML database, but when pressed, they acknowledge that XML is a superior way to mark up data. Because of the time factor, searches will be done using program modules, but I'm still to go ahead with the presentation.

CC Received on Tue Mar 30 2004 - 12:20:25 CST