Re: ADO.NET

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: 19 Mar 2004 11:00:06 -0800

"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message news:<CaWdnXnCqvog28fd4p2dnA_at_golden.net>...
> "Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_at_ncs.es> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to know your opinion about which are the biggest flaws
> > and mistakes of ADO.NET.
>
> The lack of support for the relational operations on the contents of a
> dataset.

Agreed, the lack of support for declarative integrity constraints on a dataset.

IMO it would be a lot better to have something like an embeddable distributed DBMS. The application's visual controls always should be "connected" to the database, but not necessarily to a remote server.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Fri Mar 19 2004 - 20:00:06 CET

Original text of this message