newby (very) question on XML DB theory

From: ccc31807 <ccc31807_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2004 05:27:44 -0800

I have an assignment to survey XML database technologies in about three weeks. I've looked closely at eXcite, reviewed XQuery and XPath (and others) at w3.org, and essentially have tried to all the due diligence I can.

I *know* that I will get a question like this, "Where can I go to read up on the theory of XML databases?" If I cite to internet articles, I will be told, "If it's not in print, it's worthless."

Question: does anyone suggest a source of XML DB theory, preferably in journals of a professional and academic nature? IEEE and ACM are not a problem.

Besides, I need to do a fast read on this, so I'm looking for some substantial stuff that's not overly dense or highly theoretical.

Please reply to this message rather than privately. And accept my gratitude in advance for all those who reply.

Thanks, Charles Carter. Received on Tue Mar 16 2004 - 07:27:44 CST