Re: Testing Various Data Models?

From: Mike Nicewarner <psyclo_at_nospam_datamodel.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 11:44:03 -0600

I've participated in data modeling competitions before, both organizing and participating.
Realize that data modeling is more of an iterative process than a concrete science. As the Zippy discussion thread pointed out, just because one modeler would win doesn't necessarily mean that the modeling tool/style was inherently better than the others.
I'd be curious to hear more about what you are talking about, and I would love to see your reasoning (not intuition) for stating that the relational model should be retired.

--
Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
http://www.datamodel.org