Re: Xquery might have some things right

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:49:21 GMT

"Eric Kaun" <ekaun_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bi22c.55867$%b5.36952_at_newssvr33.news.prodigy.com...

> I'd still like to hear a good definition for "services design pattern". I'm
> not being facetious... I'd just like to be clear on what differentiates
> services from other forms of remote call we've had in the past.

I don't see any reason to think it's anything other than client-server computing under a new name. You get RPC but with XML as the transport.

That's one beef I have with XML and its ilk; they like to come up with new names for old things and act as if they've invented something miraculous.

Marshall Received on Fri Mar 12 2004 - 17:49:21 CET

Original text of this message