Re: Is this bad design ?

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:16:57 GMT

"Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote in message news:c2o8i0$d2k$1_at_news.netins.net...

> The answer is in the fact that the users and computer professionals, it
> sounds like opted to add a department value to the end of the last name for
> search purposes.

I couldn't parse that.

> I can buy into the theme of Total depravity (T in TULIP of the Canons of
> Dordt).

I think this requires some background I don't have.

> However, learning more about how our brains naturally organize data
> could provide some useful insights, don't you think?

It's not clear. Since we have not yet significantly begun such an effort, it's hard to say what fruit it might bear. My best guess is that brains organize information by growing new neural connections; I'm not sure how that will help us with data management.

> Now go take some zinc, Marshall, and get rid of that cold!
> smiles. --dawn

Thank you for your concern!

Marshall Received on Thu Mar 11 2004 - 10:16:57 CET

Original text of this message