Re: Is this bad design ?

From: ben brugman <ben_at_niethier.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:34:47 +0100

> > This looks like a good solution.
> > (Could be implemented in 'triggers' so that the
> > application does not have to notice, if the
> > 'valid field' is kept in the mother).
>
> Why on earth would anyone use a trigger when a simple foreign key
constraint
> will do?

The trigger is used to create the valid mother.

The appearance to the application is then that there is only a mother and a child table.

(There was >>some<< consensus in this group that an application does not have to change because of changing constraints.)

But it could be that I am missing something again ?

ben Received on Thu Mar 11 2004 - 21:34:47 CET

Original text of this message