Re: Testing Various Data Models?

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne_at_acm.org>
Date: 11 Mar 2004 00:52:34 GMT

In the last exciting episode, "Marshall Spight" <mspight_at_dnai.com> wrote:
> "Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote in message news:c2m660$o1g$1_at_news.netins.net...
>>
>> Yes, what I should have said was that it was implementations of the
>> relational model that should be retired.
>
> I'm on board if we can start with MySQL.

I'm not sure the implementors ever seriously claimed it was one. They bill it as "The World's Most Popular Open Source Database," and seem as uninterested in discussion of things "relational" as any of the other vendors of databases that are only nominally associated with the relational model.

And in any case, their next project looks likely to be "MySQL is obsolete - long live MaxDB!"

> PS. Sorry for being totally non-responsive; I'm a little woozy from
> all the medicines I'm taking for this cold.

I quite understand that...

--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ntlug.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/rdbms.html