Re: Is this bad design ?

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:28:45 +0100

Dawn M. Wolthuis wrote:

> ...I think a lot of relational design relates to YAGNI while some of the more
> obvious desired changes end up getting hard-coded into the database -- for
> example, cardinality of attributes.

A second thought: Any tendency to *over*emphasize structure at the cost of substance leads to unnecessary detail. The screws and the hammer come to mind when remembering many sessions with people excersizing functional decomposition (that is really old, e.g. HIPO) and lossless decomposition (relational modelling). Received on Wed Mar 10 2004 - 18:28:45 CST