Re: Testing Various Data Models?

From: Archibald Tuttle <tuttle_at_brazil.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:41:23 GMT

"Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote:
>You mean just like the relational theorists have proven that the
>implementations of the model provide a better bang for the buck for those
>who employ them than any other models? I have never seen any such facts,
>have you? --dawn

Let's see: my half-tera operational store sits on an RDBMS in a physical schema implemented from a relational model, the decision support systems aggregates data extracted from that schema to a different schema (star) which was _physically_ implemented in a different way to enhance performance.

Does it work good ? yes.
Did it cost much ? yes.
Does it provide value for money ? yes.
Would other multi-valued, hierarchic, object technologies have provided a better ROI ? I don't think so.

These are not proofs of course, but at least they are facts for me.

Mr. Tuttle Received on Wed Mar 10 2004 - 12:41:23 CET

Original text of this message