Re: Testing Various Data Models?

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:39:24 -0600

> > I would very much like to see such a competition because my intuition,
> > without sufficient scientifically gathered emperical data, is that the
> > relational model ought to be retired.
>
> That's kind of like saying set theory ought to be retired.

Yes, what I should have said was that it was implementations of the relational model that should be retired. However, a theory about mass murderers that isn't the best at solving such crimes is not the theory I would want to employ. So, I think is not a huge stretch to suggest we retire the relational model for the purpose of modeling data to be stored and retrieved in databases.

smiles. --dawn Received on Wed Mar 10 2004 - 05:39:24 CET

Original text of this message