Re: Can these constraint be implemented in an RDBMS ?

From: ben brugman <ben_at_niethier.nl>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 14:24:53 +0100

"--CELKO--" <joe.celko_at_northface.edu> wrote in message
> Oracle's RDB is one of the few RDBMS products that had this.

It did take me some time.
But 'Oracle's RDB' is not the Oracle database or RDBMS product, but a totally different product. (Digital's RDB). RDB is such a generic term that I did not realise that a specific product was mentioned here.

(Took me a long while not to find the assertion possibility in Oracle. Searching for something that does not exist always takes longer.)

If I had understood this from the beginning it would have saved some time.

greetings,
ben brugman Received on Mon Mar 08 2004 - 14:24:53 CET

Original text of this message