Re: Can these constraint be implemented in an RDBMS ?

From: ben brugman <ben_at_niethier.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:44:23 +0100

> > Content based security is not part of RDBMS (the once I know) products.
>
> Look around some more.

Were ?

(I know that Oracle and SQL-server have no content based security. Except for Oracle which has a High security server which is 'content' based, but this is more of an PR ploy than real content based. In that system the higher in rank a user is, the more he can access. You cannot protect data with only the system against being looked in by the higher person in rank).

> > > The classic example of the above is a Menu system that
> > > is organisational sensitive.
>
> > Menu systems are not part of RDBMSsen.
>

> How did you arrive at this conclusion?

Could be that I understand Menu system different from you, but I associate a menu with userinteraction (for any menu), and user interaction is not something that I associate with RDMBSses.

(Of course for managing an RDBMS menu's can be used, but managing an RDBMS is not the RDBMS itself.)

But again maybe I missed what you mean by a 'Menu system'.