Re: object algebra

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Mar 2004 12:20:56 -0800

> I can immediately see two problems with this, one big and one small. Dawn
> has already pointed out the "small" one, which is that your concept of
> atomicity is not well grounded.

It may not be well grounded in your understanding or within RDM, but this not the case in TDM/XDb1.

> I surmise, based on the limited information you provided, that you consider, > say, a single ASCII character to be "atomic".

Yes. Also see Susanne Langer's book "Symbolic Logic".

> However, since you can represent any character with a bit sequence...

The bit sequence (ie 10101) can only be expressed with symbols in this case a combination of atomic symbols 0's and 1's. What symbols and combination of symbols means is a different issue. Received on Thu Mar 04 2004 - 21:20:56 CET

Original text of this message