Re: Can these constraint be implemented in an RDBMS ?

From: mountain man <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 07:54:38 GMT

"Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_at_ncs.es> wrote in message news:40445aaf.1980137_at_news.wanadoo.es...
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:16:33 +0100, "ben brugman" <ben_at_niethier.nl>
> wrote:
>
> >Hello readers,
> >
> >In another thread I was asked to produce an example which
> >can not be implemented with RDBMS constraints.
> > <snip>
> >The implementation has to be done in Oracle or SQL-server.
>
> There is a clear contradiction. Oracle and SQL-Server are not RDBMSs.

These RDBMS software products are as relational as the current industry supports. Competent DBA's sufficiently skilled in the organisation's requirements, and in the RDBMS software native utilities (eg: sql) can make the implementation relational.

This engineering capacity may not be regarded from the perspective of *the model*, yet must be squarely faced once *the model* moves to *the implementation instance* specific for any candidate organisation.

Pete Brown
Falls Creek
Oz Received on Wed Mar 03 2004 - 08:54:38 CET

Original text of this message