Re: Xquery might have some things right

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne_at_acm.org>
Date: 3 Mar 2004 04:06:07 GMT

In the last exciting episode, "Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote:
> There is one huge deficiency (OK, more than one, but one I'll point
> out) with XQuery compared to SQL -- XQuery is a read-only language
> at this point, although update standards are being addressed.

The deficiencies surely look like they are more enormous than any _conceivable_ merits.

  That's actually a really useful property; "Microsoft Inside" is a   terrific warning label.

Looks like a futile boondoggle to me...

--
output = ("cbbrowne" "_at_" "cbbrowne.com")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/linuxdistributions.html