Recommendation for custom dbase app

From: Jackson <spamless.research_at_virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 23:44:51 -0000

I have been using a Lotus Approach built application to control database for stock control, reference, pricing and reports. This has been fine until now since I was the only one using the database.

The application is hardly custom, a few macro's and custom reports etc but not robust enough for other users, that is what I need now.

Obviously I will need to build a better application and embark on a learning curve which I am looking forward to, but my question is what application should I put my efforts into in order to create a good system?

I don't know any languages except basic from years ago but I am willing to learn.

I have heard a lot about Visual Foxpro and know it's used a lot in industry, but there are other applications out there also.

All advice, tips and suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance

Jackson Received on Wed Dec 31 2003 - 00:44:51 CET

Original text of this message