Re: Domain

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:53:33 GMT

"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message news:5didnbY3IvfBVWyiRVn-iQ_at_golden.net...
> "Marshall Spight" <mspight_at_dnai.com> wrote in message
> >
> > If you look at the field of programming languages, the last 30 years
> > has seen a lot of activity, a lot of new ideas, and a lot of advancements
> > in type systems.
>
> Really? The only real advancement I have seen is in TTM.
>
> Specifically, how has it advanced?
>
> Do you honestly think C++ represents an advance in type systems?

I take it from this question that you're thinking I'm thinking C++ and Java are state-of-the-art in programming languages. They aren't. (They are state-of-the-art in being popular, though.) I'm more interested in things like Haskell.

Marshall Received on Tue Dec 30 2003 - 20:53:33 CET

Original text of this message