Re: Domain

From: Joe \ <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:30:00 -0800

"portroe" <bob_at_sleigh.com> wrote in message <news:bspj1d$m3r$01$1_at_news.t-online.com>...

> can anybody give me a definition of domain as applied to DB theory,

If a DBMS had proper support for defining types, domains would be types. Just as most modern programming languages support the creation of new types, RDBMS' should support the creation and use of new domains.

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>  DC8s in Spaace: <http://www.xenu.net/>
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to