Re: Stored fields ordered left to right

From: Joe \ <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:30:11 -0800

"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message <news:wLadnalFBMpQAXOi4p2dnA_at_golden.net>...

> For anyone who doesn't know, ignore Dawn--she's an idiot. Mathematical
> relations do not have any particular attribute order. The physical
> representation of mathematical relations using written symbols on planar
> surfaces relies on physical order for succinctness.

Heh. If she thinks the relational tuple vs. ordered n-tuple difference is insurmountable, she ought to try getting a mathematician and a theoretical physicist to communicate. They use different definitions for so many of the same terms that they'd have to invent an entirely new language to talk about much of anything besides last night's game!

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>  Sacrament R2-45 <http://www.xenu.net/>
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to