Re: relations aren't types?

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 03:49:01 GMT

"Joe "Nuke Me Xemu" Foster" <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP> wrote in message news:1072496648.293318_at_news-1.nethere.net...

> Interoperability with programs written in static-typed languages
> would be a concern, as would the problem of declaring constraints.

Hmmm. I'm not sure I see it. Right now, the type system of the application language and the type system of the database are only marginally related, and one usually goes through an API such as ODBC to communicate. That API doesn't give you much in the way of static typing.

As far as constraints, isn't saying "column A has type int" a constraint?

Marshall Received on Fri Dec 26 2003 - 21:49:01 CST