Re: A Question on Integrety

From: Joe \ <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:33:54 -0800

"Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote in message <news:bs1n5i$asp$1_at_news.netins.net>...

> One of the problems with the relational databases I have worked with was
> that I never saw or used local constraints, so all constraints were
> considered global, which does not resemble real world constraints.

Because the several floating-point arithmetic packages I've used cannot represent certain fractions exactly, mathematics *itself* must therefore also be imprecise and inexact.

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>   L. Ron Dullard <http://www.xenu.net/>
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to