Re: A Question on Integrety

From: Joe \ <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:33:54 -0800

"Dawn M. Wolthuis" <> wrote in message <news:bs1n5i$asp$>...

> One of the problems with the relational databases I have worked with was
> that I never saw or used local constraints, so all constraints were
> considered global, which does not resemble real world constraints.

Because the several floating-point arithmetic packages I've used cannot represent certain fractions exactly, mathematics *itself* must therefore also be imprecise and inexact.

Joe Foster <>   L. Ron Dullard <>
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to
because  my cats have  apparently  learned to type.        take me away, ha ha!