Re: How to ensure only one of two sets of optional information?

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:08:29 GMT

"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message news:i76dnWRQR7GNHH6iRVn-sw_at_golden.net...

> Of course, my suggestion won't enforce the reverse that each account tuple
> has a corresponding tuple in one of the other relation variables.

It's still significantly better than what I had before.

> Haven't you read Fabian's latest book? He has a whole chapter on these sorts
> of referential constraints.

Amazon lists "Practical Issues in Database Management" as FP's latest book, which I've read a couple of times. I don't recall that specific technique, though. I'll probably have to reread that chapter now.

Marshall Received on Fri Dec 19 2003 - 17:08:29 CST