Elmasri or Date

From: shannon <shannon_at_nolunchmeat.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:43:08 +0100

As all insist I should read my text book, then I guess its time to buy one,

I am doing online tutorials but there is not enough content in them to make the complex stuff understandable,

the two textbooks that I see most mentioned are,

  Fundamentals of Database systems
(Ramez Elmasri, Shamkant Navathe)

An Introduction to Database Systems
(C.J.Date)

Fundamentals is vastly more expensive than the other, Is it worth it?

Are there acceptable alternatives?

Greetings

Shannon Received on Thu Dec 18 2003 - 14:43:08 CST