Re: Can FK be nullable/optional by design?

From: Joe \ <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:01:13 -0800

"Bob Badour" <> wrote in message <>...

> I doubt, then, you were actually taught any relational theory. With the
> current state of the education, I do not find that surprising.

At my alma mater, UCSB, relational theory was an elective, but at least it was available at all. =/

> Chris Date's _Introduction to Database Management Systems_ makes a good
> start at them. I would seem foolish to try to teach them in an email
> message.

I have the seventh edition. Is there a definitive list of the changes made to the eighth, perhaps at ?

Joe Foster <>  "Regged" again? <>
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to
because  my cats have  apparently  learned to type.        take me away, ha ha!